Christmas & Advent Resources
It’s only a few weeks until we begin the season of Advent. There is a lot of uncertainty around Christmas this year. Across our territory we have communities still in lockdown and many of us are wondering if we will be able gather with our loved ones, let alone with our faith communities.
The joy of Christ’s birth is with us no matter what situation we find ourselves in this Christmas. We have gathered together some of the best free ideas and resources to use whether you are hunkered down with your family or joining in at church this Advent.
For some of us we’ve had a lot of extra family time this year. Some of us may miss out on our usual Advent and Christmas traditions. Some of us may be at a complete loss trying to find a way to make Christmas during covid more exciting than the weeks and months leading up to it have been.
We’ve gathered together free, easy to use resources, and ideas to help families in and out of lockdown celebrate advent and Christmas.
- SUNZ printable Jesse Tree will take your family on a journey through the Bible from creation to Jesus’ birth.
- Mainly Ministries have put together a four-part family Advent devotional that includes a stained-glass style picture that you complete over 4 weeks.
- In case you missed it in previous years, our Family Time podcast is great for car trips or relaxing at home this Christmas.
- SUNZ have a great summertime take on the traditional Advent wreath that you can put together as a family or use it as inspiration to design your own summertime wreath.
In Corps & Centres
We know it’s been a tough couple of years for all our ministry leaders and volunteers. We know it’s hard to plan for Christmas when restrictions can change so quickly. Hopefully these ideas will take some pressure off this Advent season.
- STRANDZ have put together a great collection of Christmas videos, prefect for sharing on your social media or in services.
- They’ve also put together a collection of fun and engaging Christmas crafts.
- Children’s Ministry have a free Christmas package available on their website, which has everything you need for a children’s programme this Christmas.
- Bible Society NZ have 75000 Christmas story booklets to give away (including free shipping). These would make a great gift for families in your community.
- SUNZ have a free intergenerational service plan available for use on their blog.